Sunday, June 21, 2009

What I want for Father's Day is...

What I want for Father's Day is...

the fulfillment of my 4 children responding to God's plans for their lives. And, I want so badly to be a part of helping them fulfill God's plans!

I want to spend some time with each one of my kids today. This will be difficult since today is Sunday (and I am a pastor). We are taking a missionary out for lunch today. We are going to my dads this afternoon... But, I will make some time for my kids!

I want to pray for them... and I want to play with them.

I love being a dad. I love it that God planned for me to disciple 4 children that I can call mine! I thank the Lord for giving me the gift of Kimberly, my wife... who is a great wife and mom!

God is so good!

What do you want for Father's Day?

2 comments:

Pastor Mike said...

I had a great time on Father's Day...
I got to snuggle with each of my kids...
I also had a great time at my dad's! He gave me an electric leaf blower with the origional box and owners manual from 1988!
I also picked up my grandma so she could spend the afternoon with us!
What a great day...

S-Minister said...

I had a pretty awesome day, too! And, I'm not even a dad!!

It was pretty cool that my dad came to church with me. We then had lunch, including my father-in-law.

My dad LOVES the strawberry pie from Miner-Dunn. He hasn't had that in, like, 20 years. Soooo, since strawberries are in season, we went and got a pie. He liked it! A lot!

Over lunch my dads (and mom-in-law) got to talk about the "good ole days" growing up in Hammond.

...and a good time was had by all...