Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I am in over my head...

I am in over my head...

I have just completed a sermon series entitle "SATURATE." The result of this sermon series is that it has enabled me to be in over my head. What am I talking about? I have chosen to submit to the Lord, and His power, anointing, and leading at a deeper level.

Using Ezekiel 47, and the illustration of the river: I recognize that there are people who have been on the banks of the river just watching. I have noticed others who are wading in the water - and getting their feet wet regarding the things of God. There are others who are knee deep in it all... and it is no secret that they are followers of Jesus Christ!

Yet, there are others who are waste deep. It is at this level that the river of God starts to really take control. Unaware, I was at this level. I was allowing the river of God to move me... yet, the shore was in still sight! I could swim to the banks of self reliance if I so chose. I could dig my feet into the river's floor and try to stand on my own strength.

During this "SATURATE" sermon series God has directed me to go deeper into His presence. I now feel like I am "in over my head."

I no longer have control of the situations I am in. The church I pastor belongs to God! I am but a steward of HIS church as I shepherd HIS flock!

I am drowning in his presence!

I have already invested more time in prayer this week (and it is only Tuesday) than any week so far in 2010. I am SEEKING HIM!!! I feel like the river of God is in total control of my life! The river of His presence and power will take me where I need to go. I am at the mercy of God!

I love being in His presence! I love being in His will! Lord - give me the strength to continue to obey your leading; to be faithful to your calling; and to fulfill YOUR desires for my life!!!

2 comments:

joyousjoyce8888 said...

I want that.

Anonymous said...

I love the feeling I get when in His presence, the only problem though is that we are all in His presence even when we sin. I especially find it difficult to find my way when I sin after that but I try. I can feel SATURATED when thinking about it, and wonder if I truly am sorry about my sin, since I give in. I hope I am truly forgiven, I know God knows my heart but sometimes I wonder do I know my own. Great speech pastor.