Thursday, February 19, 2009

God will provide

I have a friend who is a missionary in East St. Louis who has been quoted in saying, "If it is God's will - it is His bill; and if He sends it - we will spend it."

This statement is really about following God's leading - while knowing that God will provide for His call on our lives.

There are great days ahead for Harvest Ridge Church. Many of the things in store for us will cost a great deal of money. In light of my friends statement (which I regularly use) I thought of a statement that people say: "Money doesn't grow on trees." The irony of it all is that money does grow on trees (paper). And God is the one who made those trees.

Yet, another illustration that everything belongs to God. Remember that we are stewards of what belongs to Him... God has simply entrusted us with resources: time, talent, and treasure. And we all know the words of Scripture that teach us that our treasure is where our heart is...

So, the point of this blog is to encourage you to follow the dreams and visions God has provided for you! Remember that not only does money grow on trees, but God made the trees! Remember that no road block, no circumstance - nothing... can keep you from doing great exploits for God - because He is our source of strength, our provision, our God!

3 comments:

S-Minister said...

As I read this today, I had to snicker. A Scripture I was meditating on this morning is 1 Peter 4:10: Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.

What was spoken to me through this verse is that, in fact, some have been blessed financially, even in these tough economic times, and as those gifts are "used", God's grace is definitely adminstered in one of those "various forms".

I frequently pray that our Father will continue to provide for us as we execute on the GRAND vision He has given us at HRC...that He will provide money, that He will provide skilled people with B-I-G hearts and that He will provide us with the character and integrity to fulfill His desires above our own.

joyousjoyce8888 said...

I've been so frustrated lately with my health. I felt like I would never be able to be used again. I can't even get to church most weeks and my life has been a mess due to ridiculous illnesses. I feel like I've prayed and prayed and was destined to be sick and useless. Alas! My prayers are answered. A cure is in sight and maybe I will get the chance to start serving again, rather than be served. Encouraging blog. :o)

S-Minister said...

Are you still blogging here?