Monday, April 12, 2010

Sir, Yes Sir!

Every person on the planet has needs. Whether we recognize it or not - every person has spiritual needs. The need for salvation, the need for spiritual growth, the need for intimacy with God. We have needs of restoration, healing, provision, guidance; and the list goes on.

Last week as I was seeking God I was challenged to consider how I model the pursuit of God. I strive to seek Him first. My goal as I pray is to honor God, and to know Him more. I also bring my requests before the Lord as I approach the throne-room with boldness.

Again - my thought became: "How am I modeling my pursuit of God?" I want to share one of the truths that God settled in my heart.

Often times we pray for God to do things "FOR" us. We pray for Him to offer wisdom, guidance, provision, healing, restoration, etc... This is Biblical to pray for these things!

However, my recommendation is not only to pray that God would work "IN" me (as referred to above); but also "THROUGH" me.

Do not just pray - "Lord, what will you do in me..." But, pray: "LORD, WHAT DO YOU DESIRE TO DO WITH ME."
We are all soldiers in the God's army. It is as if God is giving us marching orders. What are your marching orders from God? What is your assignment?

We have assignments that are general and long lasting. Some of us have assignments that place us in certain geographical locations - and for decades. However, we also have daily "marching orders" (assignments) from the Lord.

What is God doing "WITH" your life - TODAY?

Let's not just strive for fulfillment - strive for OBEDIENCE. And, obedience (through complete surrender) will produce the fulfillment and abundance that only God can offer.

No comments: