Thursday, October 30, 2008

A CALL FOR RESPONSE

I believe that each person needs to vote - especially for the President of the United States. When we vote we need to think about God's will, our families, our children, the future of the country, ourselves (this is where we consider economics, and other political issues).
But, as a Christian we should vote through the eyes of morality and Godly Character. It would be more appropriate to be a country who is struggling financially if we are morally pursuig God.
So, as you prepare to vote, consider God's will... vote on moral issues...
The most mportant thing to do is to pray. Wow! what if the 2 presidential candidate both had major encounters with Jesus before November 4th...
Please follow this link to watch a video about voting from Dr. George Wood (General Sup. of the Assemblies of God): http://ag.org/top/

2 comments:

Aaron said...

What a great word at such an important time. This is actually been on my heart as well. I posted something similiar to this on my new blog.

http://theplumblinestandard.blogspot.com/

Check it out.

Ranntoyou said...

We need to start acting on our beliefs. I catch myself holding back when others spout their political view,ones that I am opposed to on every level. The one place we can exercise our beliefs unfettered is the voting booth! Many people have lost their lives for our ability to open that curtain and press those buttons. I for one am glad that I live in a country where I am allowed to vote for the candidate God has led me to in prayerful consideration. I pray whomever is elected that we, as Christians will hold him up in prayer and that God will continue to bless the United States.