Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A SERIOUS COMMITMENT #2

I am sharing more comments on this topic in order to make an investment in "you" friends who read my blog. There has been much discussion and interaction between many people (through facebook, email, this blog, and in times of gathering) about God's blessings.
Yes, we celebrate giving away a van, large amounts of coats (through Agape Partners), financially assisting people, experiencing spiritual growth...
But, this "spiritual life" we live takes commitment and determination. I recently poster (A SERIOUS COMMITMENT) my thoughts around acting on our commitment to the Lord. I recommended that before your facebook and email time... that you spend some time with the Lord... And there is an entire blog post (HAPPY 2009) to offer some tips on spending time with the Lord.
There has been less interaction and discussion upon my thoughts to pray first, and facebook and email second... My other suggestion was to write out some goals...
So, let me pause once more to encourage you to take your life long commitment to the Lord seriously! Make an eternal investment! The Lord's desire is for you to know Him! To walk in His provision and blessing. His desire is for you to live a fulfilled and fruitful life. His desire is that your faith does not waiver like the sea when things are difficult.
So, we must spend time with the Lord! We must know Him!

3 comments:

S-Minister said...

Hi!

What do you mean when you say, "There has been less interaction and discussion upon my thoughts to pray first, and facebook and email second..."

Are people spending their time praying and meditating and not getting to facebook and email?
THAT would be cool!

Pastor Mike said...

I am hoping for this... and wrote toward that intention...
However - "less interaction" means there is a lock of comments about my posting...
Maybe this is a difficult practice to implement into our lives... causing few comments...
But, there are those who apply this strategy to get with God first... and I would love to read about it!

S-Minister said...

:0)

I'm sure it's a difficult practice to implement. I know it's TOUGH for me, and I'm well disciplined. Alas, it is SOOOOO worth it, though.

I find it easier to keep the commitment if I remain flexible about what that time looks like: Sometimes it's hard core prayer; Sometimes it's all worship; Sometimes it's listening to a good podcast teaching (Joyce Meyer and Joel Osteen are my favorites...until you start podcasting); Sometimes it's being still in His presence or reflecting.

It is almost NEVER time I spend in study of the Word. This is the first thing I do in the day, and I just don't have my act together enough to study. I have to do that at other times.

When I got to a place where I was more open to what this time "looked" like, it started ocurring more frequently. Sometimes posture matters, but most of the time it's really about the purity of my motivation.

Thanks for a post that causes us to circle back on this.