Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Change

Change is necessary if we are going to grow closer to God!
I recently read 3 reasons why people resist change:

1) They feel it is imposed upon them (they become frightened)
2) They sense too much anxiety or fear (they become paralyzed)
3) They experience no sense of urgency (they become complacent).

These reasons are valid. That is why leaders must hear from the Lord as they lead people through change. Change in the church can not be based on a leaders opinion or feelings... it must be based on the leading of the Holy Spirit.

Isaiah 43:19, "See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland."

This is a verse that helps us understand that God makes a way where there seems to be no way. But, in order to walk in God's plan we must do so through change (new things).

So, do not resist change - unless it is meaningless.... But, rather follow God's plans of purposed change so His will is accomplished in our lives!

4 comments:

PastorStan said...

Pastor Mike - it is interesting that you quoted from Isaiah 43 which is the exact verse I used for my text in casting the vision for Calvary Community Church this year. As you know, the change I'm going to be proposing soon is monumental - and scary. I have never believed in change for change's sake but if it draws us more into God's will, it is most certainly for the better. Pray with us as we endeavor as a church to ascertain God's will more closely and have the courage to follow it. Pastor Stan Zack

Pastor Mike said...

Pastor Stan...
Praying with you is a commitment I will make!
I am glad you read this blog. Hearing about the Isaiah reference is very awesome! God is truly at work in NWI!
Together, let's continue to strive to hear God's voice, and to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit!
Also, I pray for God to give you wisdom and strength in your endeavors to follow His leading.

Larry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Larry said...

Delete Comment From: The Voice

Blogger Larry said...

A comment on #3. There is no sense of urgency, people become complacent. People who get saved tend to get stuck in the river of grace and mercy. They are like little children in a wadding pool. They're happy and content in the shallow end, and do not realize deeper is better. They are so happy they don't realize when God is calling them to move on. The deeper we go the better life gets. Lord take me deeper, bring me closer. Teach me to swim.

April 21, 2009 9:17 AM