Tuesday, April 28, 2009

SIGNS OF SPRING

Spring is a wondersul time of the year. It is a beautiful display of God's creativity as we can see flowering trees, flowers coming up from the ground, lawns turning green, etc...

Spring shows a "newness" of life that is energizing and exciting. This season provides a word picture of sorts as we consider our own lives:
Are there signs of spring in your life?

Is there energy and excitement in your life? Are you following God's lead regarding the "new things" in your life?

Spring is a reminder to us that we too (as Christians) need to be growing! Spring is a time of growth. It is also a time of working the soil and planting.
So, do you need the spiritual soil of your life to be tilled? Do you need to plant some spiritual based seeds in your life? Do you need to grow?

It is my contention that there should be signs of growth in our lives as believers. So, receive this blog as an encouragement to consider if you are experiencing "measured" spiritual growth in your life...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(Titus 3:8) Faithful is the Word, and as to these things, I desire that you strongly affirm that those believing God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.

Spiritual growth can and should happen regardless of circumstances or distractions. Focus on God and He will provide the rest.

Are you working the soil? (Reading the Word of God every day, or several times a week)

Are you planting? (Showing people God is in your life be what you do)

Have you connected with a small group? (Being part of the body Christ is not just going to church on Sundays)

If you have not yet connected with a house or interest group, I encourage you to do so. These are great resources for spiritual growth.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes we forget that in order for the growth in Spring we have to go through Fall, the dying and Winter the hibernation of the vegetation. Both are important contrastingly to our growth in the Lord. Our old man and ways must die and we must have have time where we are focusing solely on the Lord and His Word. These help bring us to the time of flourishing and growing in the Lord's will. I always think of the pine cone, it must fall to the ground and wait. In some cases only a fire will release it's ability to produce a new tree...
Sometimes I need a little pruning but I know that God will only make me stronger, straighter and closer to the person he created me to be. Another reason to praise Him!

Richard Mikos said...

Spring, new growth, new spiritual growth. How do you know if you are growing spiritually enough? I feel that I am growing all the time. I read my Bible every day. I pray every day. I belong to a House Group.

But, is that enough? It's funny that at times when we are discussing some part of the Bible that we read and I don't understand how they got to their conclusion from what we read. I feel like I'll never understand the Bible. Then there are times when I'm reading by myself and it's like having a light turned on and I actually undertand what I am reading.

I can't explain how utterly fantastic it feels when God touches me. And yet I don't feel he touches me as often as I would like. I know it's just my lack of parience and the fact that I still need to grow more spiritually. So I'll keep on reading my Bible and I'll keep on praying and I'll keep going to my House Group and I'll keep on growing spiritually.

Praise to God.